Trainee - 1-500 hours employed in the trade | Trainee must first accummulate 500 hours
First year - 500 - 2000 hours employed in the trade | Level 1 training must be obtained
Second year - 2000 - 3500 hours employed in the trade | Level 2 training must be obtained
Third year - 3500 - 5000 hours employed in the trade | Level 3 training must be obtained
Journeyman - 5000 + hours employed in the trade
- An apprentice is only allowed one change in rate/training classification per year.
- This change is to occur on or after the member's Anniversary date.
- Anniversary date revolves. It is the date that the last rate change occurred and is based on:
- Achieving at least the minimum work hours per level, plus;
- Attending the appropriate training course as approved by the JATC and pass each subsequent exam, plus;
- The date you return to work / start working again.
This date then becomes the new anniversary date and subsequently the rate change takes effect. It also identifies the date in which the Training Center uses to determine your eligibility for the next training level.